[Mailman-Users] Securing My Mailman Lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 18 19:05:11 CET 2008

Jeff Bernier wrote:

>I have changed the Admin password on the server, and also changed (or thought I did) the Admin passwords for the Mailman lists as well.
>
>The old admin password is still working for theses lists. How can I completely remove this old password?

Use Mailman's bin/mmsitepass to set the site admin and list creator
passwords.

Use Mailman's bin/change_pw or the lists web admin interface to change
the list admin passwords.

Use the lists web admin interface to change the list moderator
passwords.

If that still leaves old passwords viable, it must be an Apple specific
issue.