[Mailman-Users] "create a new list" web interface

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 13 21:22:06 CET 2008

Jewel wrote:

>When I create a new list from the web interface I get an email
>confirmation just fine.  My question is I know that this didn't update
>the aliases file and didn't know if there was any configuring I could do
>so that the aliases file is updated and creating a list is automatic.  I
>did look in the archives and online but I could find anything, maybe I
>am not searching correctly.

If your outgoing MTA is Postfix, see
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>. If Sendmail, see
step 6. in the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/B4Au> and/or the last
paragraph of the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/joA9> and the list
post to which it links.

If you are using aliases with come other MTA, you can probably adapt
the Sendmail methods.