[Mailman-Users] Digest always in MIME

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 2 14:57:10 CET 2008

Brad Knowles wrote:

>Matthieu HUTIN wrote:
>
>> I can't get my digests to be sended in other than MIME although Plain Text
>> is selected. Any way to get this solved ? I have access to the server if any
>> CLI need to be used. I'm running 2.1.11
>
>Check the messages in the digest, as well as the digest header and
>footer.  I'm willing to bet that there is a character set or
>content-transfer-encoding difference somewhere in there, which is
>forcing the MIME formatting.

I don't think that would do it. Those things should be recoded or
scrubbed.

When you say "Plain Text is selected", do you mean "When receiving
digests, which format is default" on the admin Digest options page? If
so, that only controls the default setting for new list members. Each
existing member has an individual setting for "Get MIME or Plain Text
Digests" on the user options page which reflected by the presence or
absence of a check in the box in the "plain" column on the admin
Membership List pages.