[Mailman-Users] slightly OT: on not becoming a spam source

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Fri May 30 06:18:36 CEST 2008

On 5/29/08 1:46 PM, Larry Stone wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2008, David Newman wrote:
>
>> Possibly this is some VERP config error on my part. I added the
>> following to mm_cfg.py and rebooted:
>>
>> VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = Yes
>> VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = Yes
>> VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = Yes
>> VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes
>> VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1
>
> You also need
> OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes
>
> Once you do that, the personalization option will appear on the
> appropriate admin page. You will probably need to restart httpd for it to
> appear. I doubt restarting the qrunners will be needed.

Hmmm. I must be missing something, as the system is still associating
each Message-ID with all 250 list subscribers.

This is in mm_cfg.py:

VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = Yes
VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = Yes
VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = Yes
VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes
VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1
OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes

and under Non-digest options, peronsalize is set to "Full Personaliztion"

and I restarted mailman, apache, and postfix after all this.

What else might be missing?

many thanks

dn