[Mailman-Users] why do i keep getting awaiting approval messages ?

Anant Maringanti am72subs at gmail.com
Tue May 27 05:06:45 CEST 2008

I have looked up the archives and the FAQ but perhaps I dont even know what
I am looking for.
I have recently set up a mailing list. I think I have set up the list for
not holding up any member's posting for admin approval. But each time there
is a posting, it gets held up and I get a message saying "message awaiting
approval" and it wont go through until I approve of it. At first I thought
it was because messages were coming in with html in them  -- so I sent a
message in plain text format to test but even that got held up. Where should
I look? Here are the main options which I think are relevant as I have set
them. Any suggestions in this regard will be greatly appreciated:
-----------------------

(Administrivia filter) Check postings and intercept ones that seem to be
administrative requests? YES

Emergency moderation of all traffic to the list - No.

Maximum length in kilobytes (KB) of a message body. Set to 40 KB.

Should messages from this mailing list include the RFC 2369  (i.e. List-*)
headers? (Yes is highly recommended) Set to  NO.

Set everyone's moderation bit, including those members not currently visible
- OFF.

SENDER FILTERS:
By default, should new list member postings be moderated? NO

Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit action is
defined. HOLD

Spam filters:

I have left spam filter rule #1 blank. action : defer.
Legacy anti spam filters: I have not changed anything in this.

# Lines that *start* with a '#' are comments.
to: friend at public.com
message-id: relay.comanche.denmark.eu
from: list at listme.com
from: .*@uplinkpro.com
Filter rules to match against the headers of a message. HOLD

Content Filtering:
Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the settings
below?  YES

Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type. Leave
this field blank to skip this filter test:

multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain

Remove message attachments that have a matching filename extension:
exe
bat
cmd
com
pif
scr
vbs
cpl

Should Mailman collapse multipart/alternative to its first part content?
YES

Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion
happens after MIME attachments have been stripped.  YES

Action to take when a message matches the content filtering rules: Forward
to list owner.