[Mailman-Users] sharing administrator passwords

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon May 26 08:59:10 CEST 2008

Here's the situation:

I site I know has several hundred mailman mailing lists.  Most lists are
administed by 2 or 3 different people.  Most people who administer at
least one list, administer 10 or more.  It is a pain to remember all
the list passwords, and people are complaining that it is insecure
to have them all written down.  On the other hand, it is politically
impossible to give out the site password.

So what people _want_ is a way to log in with a password and then have
mailman recognise them and make it possible for them to administer all
the lists they run.

I don't see any way to do this.  Am I missing something, or will this
require code?

Laura Creighton