[Mailman-Users] Inline Attachments on mailman messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 19 16:44:50 CEST 2008

Bill Honneus wrote:

>My installation of Mailman is attaching the following html message on
>all the messages generated by my 'Test' mailing list.
>
>-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

>I don't mind the attachment going out, but I do not want the http link
>included in the body of the attachment.  Is there a way to disable the
>inclusion of the http link in the attachment?  If not, then my next
>choice would be to disable the attachment alltogether.

The 'attachment' is the list's msg_footer. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>
for more on why it's an attachment.

I'm not clear on how much of the above is actually in the footer, and
how much is 'helpfully' added by your MUA, but you have complete
control over the original contents of the footer on the list's
Non-digest options page. Note that if this is the default footer, the
actual footer is just

and the <mailto:Test at my.domain.com> and
your MUA when you view the message.

Also note that the footer is attached as a text/plain message part, so
any rendering of email addresses and URLs as 'clickable' links is also
done by your MUA.

View the raw message source to see what Mailman is actually sending.