[Mailman-Users] Finding subject text

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 15 20:20:10 CEST 2008

Sven Schmidt wrote:

>I have one list with a subject text, but it is not shown on the config
>website. I already dumped the config.pck, but didn't find it in there.
>Where could it be?

Are you saying that subject_prefix on the list's General Options page
is empty, yet the subject is being prefixed on list mails?

If that is what you're saying, then either this is a different list
than you think it is and you are not looking at the General Options
page/config.pck for the list that is actually processing the mail, or
there are some modifications to this Mailman that are doing this.

You could try looking at Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py which is where
the prefixing is done. You could also try

grep -r 'text' Mailman/*

where 'text' is the added prefix.