[Mailman-Users] Attachments Added to All Messages I Send

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 13 02:14:45 CEST 2008

Edwin Shao wrote:

>Sorry if this has been asked before. I just spent 4 hours browsing the
>archive and FAQs and couldn't resolve my question. Every time I send a mail
>to my list, it appears like this:
>
>*
><message>
>*-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

It's in the FAQ. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.

>A file named 'file.txt' is always attached, with the html representation of
>the body of the message. How do I get rid of the message "-----Inline
>Attachment Follows-----" and the attachment? I've used my school's Mailman
>and never had this problem, so I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.

If you really want to get rid of it completely, go to
<http://lists.friedneko.com/mailman/admin/test-test/nondigest> and
remove everything from the msg_footer box and save changes. You may
want to do the same with digest_footer on the Digest options page.