[Mailman-Users] More than just email?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 8 19:09:15 CEST 2008

Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:

>I manage several lists with my 2.1.9 installation of MailMan. I would LIKE
>to have MailMan continue in it's intended function, but also want to know if
>anyone here integrates MM with other databases to keep track of more than
>just Name email at address.com. More clearly, I guess I am hoping to integrate
>MM with other applications to work as a contact manager, to track calls,
>letters, emails, for my growing contact list.

I don't know if this is what you have in mind, but there are a couple
of MySQL MemberAdaptor modules. These allow Mailman to use a MySQL
database for it's list membership. This would allow you to maintain
your contact information (outside of Mailman) in a MySQL database and
have Mailman access that database directly for list membership
information.

The original by Kev Green is at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=839386&group_id=103&atid=300103>,
but there is a later version at <http://www.orenet.co.uk/opensource/>.