[Mailman-Users] Date and squence numbe in subject

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 8 17:10:59 CEST 2008

Sven Schmidt wrote:

>I want to set a sequence number in topic but not start at 1.

The sequence number is the list attribute post_id which started at list
inception. You can see what it currently is with

  bin/dumpdb lists/<listname>/config.pck | grep post_id

If its current value is not acceptable, you can set post_id to anything
you want with bin/withlist or bin/config_list, but be sure to set it
to a floating point number, e.g. 12345.0 rather than 12345

>Additionaly I want to add the current date. How I do this?
>(mailman 2.1.10)

Only by modifying the code in Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py