[Mailman-Users] clarification on virtual domains

Barry Finkel b19141 at anl.gov
Wed May 7 18:15:50 CEST 2008

bijayant kumar <bijayant4u at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi list,
>
>I have postfix configure for virtual domain. Whenever
>i add a new list for a new domain, it takes the
>new-list at previousdomain.com as a email address for
>newly created list and all the aliases being generated
>on the basis of previousdomain.com. When i change the
>default host this list prefers setting from the
>interface, then mails are started to bounce saying
>user unknown in virtual mailbox table. I will explain
>my problem with the example...
>I have three virtual domain dom1.com,
>dom2.com,dom3.com
>in mm_cfg.py i have
>POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['dom1.com']
>add_virtualhost('lists.bijayant.com', 'dom1.com')
>
>It works fine. lists created takes the address
>list1 at dom1.com.
>
>But when i add a new list say list2 like
>
>POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS =
>['dom1.com','dom2.com']
>add_virtualhost('lists.bijayant.com', 'dom1.com')
>add_virtualhost('lists.bijayant.com', 'dom2.com')
>
>The newly created list2 takes the address
>list2 at dom1.com
>
>when i update hostname setting from the list2
>Administrative interface, mail start bouncing.
>
>I hope i am able to convey my problem.
>
>My question is how to achieve this, i have read some
>articles and tried to follow those but without any
>success. Please guide me to achieve this.

How do you create the new list?  If via the command line

     /usr/sbin/newlist  LISTNAME

then you need a first parameter

     /usr/sbin/newlist -e DOMAIN LISTNAME

for example,

     /usr/sbin/newlist -e dom2.com  mynewlist

Use

     /usr/sbin/newlist -h

to get the help information for the newlist command.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov