[Mailman-Users] Default URL Host Issue

Bill Honneus (honneus) honneus at cisco.com
Tue May 6 04:03:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am having two problems with my Mailman web server.

First, I seem to be having a problem with setting my DEFAULT_URL_HOST.
When I first configured my mm_cfg.py, I had both my DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
and my DEFAULT_URL_HOST set to my.domain.com.  But I needed to change
the URL to my-hostname.domain.com because I had a conflict with the
my.domain.com redirecting me to another web server in our topology.  So
I made the change to my mm_cfg.py file as appears below and I re-ran the
controller "bin/mailmanctl restart".  However, when I navigate to the
http://my-hostname.domain.com/mailman/admin, I get a page not found.

The second problem is if I replace the url manually in the browser with
the host IP, so I have http://111.111.111.111/mailman/admin, then I can
get the admin page to come up, but then some of the links in the child
pages end up navigating to http://my.domain.com/mailman/..../, instead
of the host IP URL.

The relevant section in my mm_cfg.py file is below:

# Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.

IMAGE_LOGOS = '/images/'
MTA='Postfix'
POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/bin/sudo /usr/local/sbin/mailman.aliases'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = []
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = my.domain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'my-hostname.domain.com'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

Please help me figure out what's wrong.

Thanks much!

Bill