[Mailman-Users] no moderator notification

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri May 2 20:28:44 CEST 2008

Rueben wrote:

> Moderators to my list do not get notifications that there is a pending
> message. I entered their email addresses on both the general page and the
> detail page.
>
> As the list owner, I get a notification that there are messages pending,
> but the moderators do not.

Hmm.  That's weird.  That means the cron job is running, but it's not
notifying the correct people.

> The list was existing before I took over, and I only changed the email
> addresses.
>
> This might be completely stupid, but do AOL email addresses work with
> Mailman?  I know... sounds dumb, but after reading the FAQ's and archives
> I'm getting desparate.

Well, AOL can cause certain problems.  Same is true for all large providers
that may just throw away e-mail that they think is spam, and you never even
know what they've done.

You should also check your spam folder, to see if AOL accepted it but then
did not put it in your regular mailbox.

The third possibility is that the messages are still sitting on your server
and have not yet been delivered, but have also not yet been bounced.
However, you'd need to know how to interact with your server at the Unix
command-line level in order to take a closer look at this issue.  Your site
admin should be able to help you with this process, unless that's you.