[Mailman-Users] Permissions issue w/ Apache

Bill Honneus (honneus) honneus at cisco.com
Thu May 1 23:39:49 CEST 2008

Hi Mark,

That was the problem.  I added that directory statement and I now get an
error page showing the following:

Mailman CGI error!!!
The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is being
stored in your syslog:
Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the CGI wrapper script to be
executed as group "nobody", but the system's web server executed the CGI
script as group "apache".  Try tweaking the web server to run the script
as group "nobody", or re-run configure, providing the command line
option `--with-cgi-gid=apache'.

This seems self explanatory enough.  So now if I run ./configure again
from my original staging area with the above mentioned option, will I
need to run "make install" again afterwards and redo all my original
custom configuration?

Thanks!

Bill