[Mailman-Users] News-gateway

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 31 19:00:10 CEST 2008

Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

>Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> [2008.03.27] wrote:
>> You might try doing a 'mass_catchup'. If somehow the list's
>> usenet_watermark is too high, this will reset it.
>
>Is there a way to do this from the command line? I don't have the list
>admin password...

You could use the site password (set with bin/mmsitepass) to access the
GUI, or you could use withlist as in

[mark at sbh16 mailman]$ bin/withlist -l mailman
The variable `m' is the mailman MailList instance
>>> m.usenet_watermark = None
>>> m.Save()

Unlocking (but not saving) list: mailman
Finalizing
[mark at sbh16 mailman]$

using your own list name instead of 'mailman'. Note that the apparent
empty entry following m.Save() is actually control-D (^D - end of
file) to exit withlist.