[Mailman-Users] Archives for a single list mysteriously stopped

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 31 18:39:53 CEST 2008

Chris Waltham wrote:

>I just ran a "arch --wipe ams-announce", and that seems to have fixed
>the problem as a test message I sent this morning now appears in the
>archives; as does other mail that was sent after March 19th and before
>today. Just out of interest, what kind of things could stop an archive
>from suddenly stopping? Bad HTML/MIME in a message?

No. If it was a bad message, the message would still have been in the
archives/private/ams-announce.mbox/ams-announce.mbox file, and "arch
--wipe" would have encountered the same problem.

It was more likely a corrupt archives/private/ams-announce/database/*
or archives/private/ams-announce/pipermail.pck file.

I would expect to find lots of errors and tracebacks in Mailman's error
log related to this problem.