[Mailman-Users] alias question...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 31 06:45:52 CEST 2008

Dov Oxenberg wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
> It seems you are right on target.  Below is the relevant data from my main.cf:
[some hotmail running together edited below]
> myhostname = mydomainname.com
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases;hash:/etc/mail/aliases
 > alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
 > myorigin = /etc/mailname
 > mydestination = mydomainname.com, localhost.com, localhost
 > relayhost = mailserver.mydomainname.com
 > mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
 > mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
 > mailbox_size_limit = 0
 > recipient_delimiter = +
 > inet_interfaces = 127.0.01  all
 > mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1

> Not sure what you mean by "dbm" but my understanding is I should modify the alias_maps variable  to "hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/etc/mail/aliases?"

'dbm' was an erroneous assumption on my part. You are correct. It should be

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/etc/mail/aliases

> What about the alias_database variable?  Do I need to add "/etc/mail/" to that as well?

No.

But if you enable Mailman-Postfix integration per
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>, you will need to add

   hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases

(or whatever the correct path is) to alias_maps as discussed in the
above reference