[Mailman-Users] Questions about the use of MailMan

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Mar 31 05:01:18 CEST 2008

On 3/30/08, Handlebarcorral at aol.com wrote:

>  2-Is there anything I can do so that the emails I send out are not caught  by
>  spam? I have recently added all of my email addresses to mailman and I've
>  noticed that the responses to my emails and hits to my website have
>  dramatically increased since using mailman. I'm afraid that my emails are
>  going into spam folders. Any suggestions? I'd like to continue using
>  mailman but I can't if my  emails don't go through.

Run your mail server and your Mailman instance according to best
practices, and the world should notice.

If not, the next step might be to consider signing up for service
with a company like Habeas or ReturnPath where they charge you money
to certify the way you're running your mail server and with their
certification you tend to get a higher deliverability rate.

These aren't the only players in this space, but they are two of the
best known, and they're the only two who are "whitelisted" by default
in current versions of SpamAssassin, which is a popular anti-spam
tool that many sites install.