[Mailman-Users] PCLinuxOS Newbie

Induction Services inductionservices at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 28 20:06:42 CET 2008

Hello everyone, I've searched the archives for a solution but came up
against a wall.

PCLinuxOS has Mailman listed in its repository, but on installation it
gives the error about en-US.  The archives here suggest that the
solution is to config and make from scratch, as apparently wherever the
binaries came from there is an issue with an errant entry in one of the
files.

OK, so I went to the manual, and hit a wall trying to create the user.
The instructions give exact characters to type in to useradd.
Unfortunately, on opening a console, switching to su, and entering the
command, I get, "cannot create directory /no/home".  I tried reading the
man pages on useradd, and could find no explanation on why that is.

Sorry to be so clueless.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give
me.  I very badly want to get away from running my little list off a
Windows box.  I'm willing to put up with considerable pain to do it.
(And I'd prefer not to go distro-hopping again if I can avoid it, unless
there is a really good reason why I shouldn't use PCLinuxOS.)

Thanks,

--John--