[Mailman-Users] Curious about email confirmations for list owners...

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Thu Mar 27 23:34:22 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:
>  Unfortunately, this is MUA dependent. In some MUA's, if you actually
>  open the attached message, you can reply to it and it will work. In
>  Tbird 2.0 at least, you can click on the icon for the third part, and
>  it will open in a new window, and you can reply in that window, and
>  it works.

Thanks, Mark. I'm using Tbird 2.0.0.12 (mac) and it doesn't seem to work
like that. :-/ One of the other mods is using Tbird for Windows (I know
she's using 2.0+ (I installed it for her), but not sure what exact
version she's got.).

I can open it, but when I hit "Reply" (or "Reply to all") the To: is
blank and the Subject: is either blank or it says "Re: " and that's it.

>  It works for me with Tbird 2.0 (IIRC it didn't work with older
>  Tbird). It also works with Mutt, and I think I have observed in the
>  past that it works with MS Outlook express.

Ok. I'll see if anyone's running Outcrack Express and have them try it.
Like I said, it's been a learning curve for all of us. I'd never used
the mail interface for this stuff before. :)

>  As I said above, it's MUA dependent. In any case, if the MUA shows
>  all the parts inline, replying in that view wont work without editing
>  the recipient and subject of the reply, but most (I think) MUAs that
>  allow you to open/view the specific message part and reply to it will
>  work.

*nod* We'll keep at it. Thanks, Mark. :)

Best,
--Glenn