[Mailman-Users] News-gateway

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 27 17:37:17 CET 2008

Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

>I'm trying to set up the news gateway. But it only appears to work one
>way; from the mailinglist to the (local) newsserver. Any idea where the
>problem may lie?

Check Mailman's crontab (crontab -l -u mailman) to be sure the
gate_news entry is not commented or removed.

# Every 5 mins, try to gate news to mail.  You can comment this one out
# if you don't want to allow gating, or don't have any going on right
now,
# or want to exclusively use a callback strategy instead of polling.
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/bin/python -S
/cygdrive/f/test-mailman/cron/gate_news