[Mailman-Users] Mailman does not deliver messages any more

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 27 05:31:35 CET 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

>OutgoingRunner was running, and there were messages in qfiles/out. Other
>points from that FAQ entry didn't apply much as well.

If there were messages in qfiles/out/, but they weren't being picked up
by OutgoingRunner, OutgoingRunner was in some funny state or it may
have been hung waiting for a low level SMTP response.

>Simply restarting Mailman helped (why didn't I do it in the first place?
>I guess I'm just not accustomed to restarting), but I'm still not sure
>of the reason it stopped delivering messages.

For whatever reason, OoutgongRunner wasn't doing its job. Restarting
Mailman got it going again. Possibly something as simple as sending it
a SIGHUP would have started it too.