[Mailman-Users] how do I delete a pending subsc request for themailman list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 27 02:49:01 CET 2008

Steve Lindemann wrote:

>> consideration at:
>>
>> 	http://email.marmot.org/mailman/admindb/mailman

<snip>

>Following the provided link doesn't take me to the usual login page,
>instead I end up on the generic listinfo page
>(email.marmot.org/mailman/listinfo).
>
>I can log into the list management interface for the mailman list, but
>when I click on the link to "Tend to pending moderator requests" I end
>up on the same general listinfo page instead.

The underlying problem is in your web server config. Assuming apache,
you probably have something like

RedirectMatch /mailman[/]*$   /mailman/listinfo

This needs to be anchored as in

RedirectMatch ^/mailman[/]*$   /mailman/listinfo

As a workaround, you can go to
http://email.marmot.org/mailman/admindb/mailman/x which will work
because the 'x' doesn't match in the redirect and it is igmored by the
admindb cgi. I don't recall for sure if the subsequent post will work
or have the same problem.

>I found the controlling file(s) in /var/mailman/lists/mailman...
>leastwise the members name and address are in the request.pck file.  Can
>I simply delete request.pck (and/or request.db) to clear this?  Is there
>anything else I need to do to clear the pending subscription?  Thanks!

Yes, you can just delete request.pck (request.db is left over from
pre-2.1.5 and is not used).

There may also have been a pending subscription in pending.pck, but
it's probably expired by now.