[Mailman-Users] Hello, In need of help please

Juston Griggs webcoder at cfl.rr.com
Mon Mar 24 07:08:41 CET 2008

Hello All,

 I have setup mailman on my server, I got it up & running & created a
maillist. During my testing, I sent I test message to my list & I got a
failure back.

The first failure I got when I sent it from an email account not associated
with the server..

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.

The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each
recipient was rejected.

    Recipient: <net_admins at xalarisirc.net>

    Reason:    5.7.1 <net_admins at xalarisirc.net>: Relay access denied

This next error come when I sent from an email address that is set up
through the mail server on the same machine as mailman.

This is the mail system at host li20-14.members.linode.com. I'm sorry to
have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more
recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to
postmaster. If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete
your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system
<net_admins at xalarisirc.net>: mail for xalarisirc.net loops back to myself

Any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to correct this?

Thanks

Juston Griggs