[Mailman-Users] Still sticking: gmail => fetchmail => mailman=>postfix

bill christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Thu Mar 20 20:42:17 CET 2008

On 3/19/08, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> A group mismatch will result in the wrapper exiting with a non-zero
> status and issuing a message which should appear somewhere.
>
> Other errors should be logged in Mailman's error log.

If it gets that far.  I'm suspecting  that there's  a problem with a domain
alias, which I'll  want to test before going any further.

If you want to verify the Mailman is working completely once a message
> hits the mailman/qfiles/in/ queue, you can use mailman/bin/inject to
> put a message in the in/ queue.
>

> I'm unclear on the use of mailman/bin/inject.

The only options given are -l for list and -q for queue.  Then it says
"filename is the name of the plaintext message file to inject.  If omitted,
standard input is used."  Ok... but there doesn't seem to be any way to
designate a file name (my obvious guess at -filename didn't do it), and
without it a call to

         python inject -l testlist

appears to be sitting there waiting for more input.

Sorry to have to keep bothering the list with this stuff.  I'm looking
forward to getting it running smoothly and moving a bunch of lists over from
a rather ancient listserv software.