[Mailman-Users] sync_members command file

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 20 03:08:15 CET 2008

Kory Wheatley wrote:

>Could someone give me an example what the sync_members   file is suppose
>to look like to sync up new email address?  I'm not sure what the
>Sendmail :include: format is.

Blank lines are ignored.

Lines whose first non-whitespace character is '#' are ignored.

The remaining lines contain email addresses, optionally with names, one
address (and name) per line, in any format that can be parsed by
Python's email.Utils.parseaddr() function. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.044.htp>
for some examples.

The name is only significant for members who will be added.