[Mailman-Users] Personalising Content

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 18 01:33:59 CET 2008

Jacqui Owen wrote:

>I am hoping someone can help, one of our customers would like to send out
>emails where the content is personally addressed. e.g Dear "Jacqui". I have
>searched the FAQ but am probably using wrong terminology. If someone could
>point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Mailman doesn't personalize the body of messages.

Mailman can add a header and/or footer to the message which can contain
personalized information, but this may cause more problems than it
solves.

In addition, Mailman can personalize the To: header of the message.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.015.htp>
for information about personalization options.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp
for a discussion of some of the issues with message headers and
footers, and also see the thread at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-March/060837.html>.