[Mailman-Users] fetchmail with gmail to mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 17 19:18:29 CET 2008

billc wrote:

>Let me know if I should be asking this on a fetchmail list instead,
>but I think the part where i'm stuck is with the
>
>	mda "/usr/local/mailman post testlist"
>
>When I run this manually instead of as a daemon, it appears to be
>looking for the mailman app, not the folder.  Where should I be
>pointing that?  This is a standard 2.1.9 install from source code
>into /usr/local/mailman.

You should be pointing at the wrapper

  mda "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post testlist"

>And as long as I'm asking, do I really need the "sslcertck
>sslcertpath  /usr/local/certs" part in there?  The post I based my
>poll on at
><http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg29811.html>
>didn't have that, but other instructions I found elsewhere relating
>specifically to Gmail did, so I figured I'd be safe and include it.

I can't answer that definitively, but pop3 access to gmail is via ssl.
Whether fetchmail needs to get the certificate info explicitly or not,
I don't know, but I suspect it could be in a .fetchmailrc or might
default to something that works.