[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman version 2.1.8

Hank van Cleef vancleef at lostwells.net
Mon Mar 17 19:08:08 CET 2008

The esteemed Ki Song has said:

> >> One major error I see is that there is no more disk space on the server.
> >> How can I remedy this situation?
> >
> > Buy a bigger disk. :-(
> >
> > Seriously, this is an OS question, not a Mailman question.
> > --
> > Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,
>
> The weird thing is that until this Friday, there was approximately 70-80%
> free space on the 75GB partition.
>
> I know this is not a mailman question, but how should I go about looking for
> files that may have suddenly taken up all that disk space.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd suggest using a few of the handy Unix tools that have been around
since AT&T was inventing it.

df and du on appropriate directories and with appropriate flags.
ls -ltr will show you what's recent in a hurry.
find -size -newer -type f to look for recent big files.
fine -name core to find core files.
Where are your /tmp files located and what's in them?
top will find you processes that may be running out of control.

I doubt that suddenly filling up a 75GB partition has anything to do
with Mailman.  You've got basic system administration issues.
Has someone hacked your system and installed a rootkit?

Hank