[Mailman-Users] Different Port For Web Pages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Mar 16 05:26:44 CET 2008

Jim Hale wrote:

>I'm running my mail server from a different machine than I am my
>Website(s)/BBS(s) and need to use port 8080. I have the machine listening on
>the correct port but need to know how to universally change the links
>throughout Mailman to append :8080 to all of them so the outside world can
>get to them.
>
>Any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. :)

Put

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:8080/mailman/'

in mm_cfg.py - don't omit the trailing slash.

Then run fix_url on all existing lists. E.g. without virtual domains,
you could run

bin/withlist -a -l -r fix_url

This will fix everything except the link to the listinfo page in the
static HTML pages in the archives. Newly archived messages and neyly
built index and TOC pages will have the correct link, but old ones
will not. If you want to fix these, you can edit the URLs directly
with some kind of script or rebuild the archives for each list with
'bin/arch --wipe listname'.