[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 15 18:08:39 CET 2008

Fabricio Oliveira wrote:

> I stoped the services and restored backup. I checked permssions and
> started the services. After that the mailman doesn't restart, see logs:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File '/usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl', line 548, in ?
>     main()
>   File '/usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl', line 517, in main
>     newpid = start_runner(qrname, slice, count)
>   File '/usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl', line 257, in start_runner
>     os.execl(mm_cfg.PYTHON, mm_cfg.PYTHON, exe, rswitch, '-s')
>   File '/usr/lib/python2.4/os.py', line 309, in execl
>     execv(file, args)
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> Mar 15 12:11:01 2008 (11307) Master qrunner detected subprocess exit
> (pid: 11331, sig: None, sts: 1, class: BounceRunner, slice: 1/1)
> [restarting]
> Mar 15 12:11:01 2008 (11307) Qrunner BounceRunner reached maximum
> restart limit of 10, not restarting.
>
> I don't know what is happen, but I need solve this issue...

It appears that you installed a broken backup.

It was not a good idea to install an entire backup. The only thing that
needed to be restored from backup was the apparently corrupt
/usr/local/mailman/lists/cartaoberro/config.pck file.

If possible, you should go back to what you had prior to the restore and
then replace only that one file with the one from the backup.

If that is not possible, the above error is caused by an incorrect value
for PYTHON or for PREFIX in Defaults.py. These are set by configure, so
the problem appears to be that the backup you restored was
mis-configured and not a working Mailman or the restore was incomplete,
or the location of 'python' has changed since the backup.

You really need to go back to your "almost working except for the
cartaoberro list" Mailman and just restore that one list's config.pck.
If you can't do that, you may have to just start over.