[Mailman-Users] Google gmail problem

Hank van Cleef vancleef at lostwells.net
Fri Mar 14 01:22:40 CET 2008

I'm posting this to the mailman-users list in hopes that I can get
some input that will either explain or resolve a problem I am having
with gmail users.

Their complaint is that they do not see a copy of their posts to the
list reflected back to them.

The options profile for these users is typically "nodupes" and "plain"
All other flags (including the ack and not metoo) flags are clear.

My system is configured with personalization enabled, and the
individual messages sent out are personalized.

Basic configuration is Mailman 2.1.9, Solaris 5.9, sendmail
8.13.8+Sun.

Sendmail logs are quite clear that the user messages are being sent
back to the users and received and acknowledged by the google mail
servers (dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent).

I'm a bit hampered by knowing absolutely nothing about gmail.  I've
got one user who is quite adamant that the problem is at my end.

"   True with emails from this list, but not with other lists I
am subscribed to.  Gmail shows both sent one and the copy coming
back at me." (from "other lists," which are not identified).

Does anybody have any experience with this problem?  Is there a
solution, and if so, what?

Hank