[Mailman-Users] Archive without attachments?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 11 15:53:53 CET 2008

Francesco Peeters wrote:

>Restarting the ArchRunner did not make a difference, and the logs didn't
>give any clues. Having tried several other steps, I finally resorted to
>rebuilding the archive. Especially as I had a powerfailure somewhere mid
>January, I assumed it was likely the database, despite not seeing
>anything in logs.
>Rebuilding the archive for that list resolved the stuck status of the
>ArchRunner, so I guess my assumption was correct, or at least close
>enough...  ;-)

It seems like you did all the right things. I'm sorry I doubted you,
but perhaps this thread will prove useful to others.

>Anyway, it now has 161 message left to archive, so I hope to return to
>normal CPU levels soon...  ;-)

Lets hope by the time you get this, things are back to normal.

As another side note, it is a good idea to run some kind of daily
report via cron to detect problems like this before they go to far. At
a minimum, a cron that just does 'ls -lr /path/to/qfiles' will let you
know if any queues are backing up. For a more elaborate report, see
Brad Knowles' mmdsr script at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1123383&group_id=103&atid=300103>.