[Mailman-Users] Mailman clustering

Luca Villani luca.villani at staff.dada.net
Tue Mar 11 14:50:25 CET 2008

Hi.

First, I'm afraid my English is very poor, sorry... :-|

We're starting to move our internal mailman from a single server to a
multiple servers architecture (starting with two servers).

Digging on the list, we find two approaches to this problem:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-November/054641.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-December/059625.html

As far as we prefer to not patch the code, we will try the first
solution (spanning qfiles slices handling to multiple qrunners, one on
every server), but we find no examples for this configuration.

Cite:

"IOW, machine 1 could handle the odd slices of qfile/in while machine 2
could handle the even slices"

How can we configure our mailman installation in order to do this?

--
Luca Villani     -      Dada S.p.A.

Tel: +39 055 20021517   Mobile: +39 335 8753086
ICQ: 76272621           Skype: luca.villani