[Mailman-Users] installation - which files linked from http?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 11 14:48:52 CET 2008

billc wrote:

>It isn't clear to me which files in my Mailman directory get
>symlinked from my http directory.

Assuming you are using Apache or some similar web server, the answer is
none. The archives have static HTML pages which may, in the case of a
public archive, by accessed via something like (for Apache)

Alias   /pipermail/     /path/to/mailman/archives/public/

Everything else is served by CGI scripts which are accessed via
wrappers via something like (for Apache)

ScriptAlias /mailman/       /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/