[Mailman-Users] minimizing spam addresses on web site

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Mon Mar 10 14:23:18 CET 2008

A couple days ago I saw a post on the dev list about backscatter spam and
also found a thread about someone's attempt at changing the -owner address,
that didn't appear to be successful.  That and the further problem newly
created address for the mailman-owner getting 200 spam a day tells me I need
to do something about this mess.

I would like to replace all mailto: links to a
http://mailhide.recaptcha.netURL.  I changed the listinfo page on a
test list, but changing it throughout
a list's pages isn't as trivial.  It appears that part of the footer code is
def GetMailmanFooter in Mailman/HTMLFormatter.py.

I have very little experience hacking python and could really use some help
getting this to work.  Besides I think this could be useful for lots of
others who are sick of the deluge of spam.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck