[Mailman-Users] FW: Preserve HTML format while scrubbing file attachments

Darrell Burkey techmgr at case.org.au
Sun Mar 9 04:44:15 CET 2008

So, the simple answer is 'No, it is not possible to both preserve HTML
formatted email messages and scrub file attachments', right?

I believe you and understand your explanation (which I appreciate you taking
the time to provide). It just seems odd that this is not possible. And no, I
don't want to have a crack at it. :-)

I'm perfectly happy to have the messages in plain text with attachments
scrubbed both in the distributed messages and the archive. I'm just a bit
tired of explaining to users why it's that way and would prefer to let them
wallow in their HTML rubbish if they prefer.

Indeed, they are so insistent about their precious HTML that it may come
down to having to allow file attachments just to apease them. And that's yet
another thing I'm so very tired of explaining to users is a very bad idea.
Let's send a 5Mb one page Word document to 500 people who don't want it.
Ugh.

Maybe mailing lists themeselves aren't that great of an idea any more. They
sure can give me the poos. :-)

Cheers.