[Mailman-Users] Server Overload Issues

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Mar 9 04:04:18 CET 2008

On 3/8/08, Fortney, James T. wrote:

>  The offering looks great Brian except for the fact that it would be
>  10X - 20X more expensive than what I current pay.  I guess you are
>  telling me that I am getting what I am paying for.

Yup.

>                                                      That may be the
>  case but is certainly not what I bargained for when I recently moved
>  four domains thinking I was making a positive move.

Be that as it may, most providers just aren't in any kind of position
to provide any kind of even moderately decent quality mailing list
services.  It may be an unpleasant surprise after-the-fact, but
there's not much we can do to soften that blow.

>  The limited response to my posting either suggests that you said it
>  all, or at least that I am in the minority with this problem.  Since
>  you and Mark suggest it is not a chronic Mailman problem, I'll not
>  waste anymore bandwidth here.

Even large education sites like the University of Texas at Austin
(where I now work) can have problems getting mail to or from sites
like Yahoo or AOL, but the problems you seem to be experiencing are
much more likely to be a limit placed on you by your own provider.
Unless you're willing to switch providers, I don't see that there's
anything more we can do to help you.