[Mailman-Users] Ongoing delivery issues - First Yahoo, now AOL

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 8 17:48:59 CET 2008

Rick Harris wrote:

>I queried my hosts regarding a mail transport issue and sent them headers
>from messages in question.  Here is the response:
>
>"According to my investigations the message contained more than 10
>recipients. That's why the first 10 recipients got their emails immediatelly
>and other copies of the message were delayed. I just advise you to
>reconfigure your maillist software to send individual email to each
>recipient."

So the host is providing Mailman hosting that doesn't work and when you
complain the host blames the software which it provides.

The only option you have to configure mailman to send individual
messages is, if the host allows it, to set Non-digest options ->
personalize to Yes. If this setting does not appear as the second item
on the Non-digest options page, then the Mailman installation doesn't
allow it.

The other way to send individual messages is VERP like delivery, but
this is completely controlled by the host.

>Should I be looking for different hosting?

I would. See Brian's reply, and Brian's and my replies in the thread at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-March/060682.html>.