[Mailman-Users] Ongoing delivery issues - First Yahoo, now AOL

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Mar 8 03:02:48 CET 2008

On 3/7/08, Brian Carpenter wrote:

>  Are you using mailman on a shared hosting platform? If so ask your hosting
>  provider to check their log files to see if your posts were sent to these
>  addresses. I guess the first thing I would try to determine is whether or
>  not your posts are leaving the server and not being queued due to some sort
>  of delivery problem. If they are being delivered by the server, then it will
>  be more difficult to troubleshoot.

Definitely, you should check the logs, or have your provider do it
for you.  However, both Yahoo and AOL will throw away messages that
they think are spam, without telling you.  So, you need to sign up
for their feedback loop mechanisms to get reports on any complaints
filed against your domain(s) and/or your IP address(es) of your mail
server(s).

>  This is more likely a mail transport issue then a mailman problem.

Agreed.