[Mailman-Users] Ongoing delivery issues - First Yahoo, now AOL

Rick Harris rick at learntime.com
Fri Mar 7 15:27:31 CET 2008

Hello All,

I posted a couple of weeks ago regarding mail not being delivered to Yahoo
addresses.  I've all but written that off as an Internet black hole.
Messages from my list almost never make it to Yahoo recipients.  If I post
to the list, and cc a Yahoo address, then that works fine.  Background noise
only, none of this matters today.

Today my question is about AOL.  Since I had the issues with Yahoo, I
created my own email accounts on Yahoo, Gmail and AOL for testing and
monitoring purposes.  This week, none of the list postings (4 or 5) arrived
at either my Yahoo or AOL.  Yahoo is no surprise, but AOL was a surprise, as
it has been perfect in the past.  As I said earlier, this list is small and
has only one other AOL address, who also received no mail this week.  So, I
went into test mode.  I turned off everyone on the list except my test
account for AOL and sent another message to the list.  Came through just
fine.  Personalization on or off makes no difference.  It works fine.  I'm
very confused and open to ideas.  It shouldn't be so difficult to get
routine messages through to a list of 25 people.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Rick Harris