[Mailman-Users] any way to batch unsubscribe notifications?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 1 04:09:03 CET 2008

Matt Morgan wrote:

>The only problem is that a lot of their addresses are collected
>manually, so there can be a lot of failures. Mailman sends these one
>at a time, i.e. one unsubscribed address per notification message, and
>not really all at once (although I'm sure that depends on how quickly
>the bounce message comes back, too). Is it possible to get mailman to
>batch the unsubscribed addresses once per day, and send them all out
>in a single daily report? Or is there some other way to do this that
>would work better than what I've come up with?

You could turn the notices to the admin off and run a daily cron to
generate a summary from Mailman's subscribe log. All the bounce
deletes should have entries similar to

Feb 20 10:00:24 2008 (10510) listname: deleted user at example.com;
disabled address

You can also work off the bounce log which will have entries like

Feb 20 10:00:24 2008 (10510) listname: user at example.com disabling due
to bounce score 1.0 >= 1.0
Feb 20 10:00:24 2008 (10510) listname: user at example.com deleted after
exhausting notices