[Mailman-Users] Standard Footer

Barry Finkel b19141 at anl.gov
Mon Jun 30 17:37:12 CEST 2008

"Webmaster PF" <webmaster at stc.org> wrote:

>I must be an idiot because I just do not get it. I must be missing an
>integral part because the footer is still posting as an attachment
>rather than in the body of the posting.
>
>This is what I have in the non-digest options:
>
>Can subscribers choose to receive mail immediately, rather than in
>batched digests?
>YES
>
>Should Mailman personalize each non-digest delivery? This is often
>useful for announce-only lists, but read the details section for a
>discussion of important performance issues.
>FULL PERSONALIZATION
>
>Footer added to mail sent to regular list members
>
>Scrub attachments of regular delivery message?
>NO
>

>--Shaf

Is the posting in plain text, or is it in HTML-format?  If the posting
is already in HTML-format, then Mailman cannot modify the existing
HTML to place the footer in the already formatted piece.  It must
include the footer as an additional HTML attachment.  There is a FAQ
entry convering this.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov