[Mailman-Users] Apache,

Vidiot brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Sun Jun 29 19:32:36 CEST 2008

Hank posted:

>In particular, make sure the Mailman configure script finds your local
>Python build, not the (older) version included in the Solaris
>distribution.  This is the root of the "Korean Codec" problem that
>Mark provided a google search link to.  Also make sure that the configure
>scripts find the cc or gcc that you intend to use.  Renaming the
>/usr/ucb/cc stub to cc.bsd will help, but Solaris 10 includes a
>version of gcc as well, which you may or may not want to use.
>If you want to use the Sun devsys, you'll have to force the configure
>scripts not to use gcc with command line arguments.

Here is where I misunderstood.  I thought by going to python 2.5.2, i.e.,
newer than 2.4.4, the "Korean Codec" problem would be resolved.  It
obviously wasn't.

Didn't have to rename the BSD cc, as configure found gcc just fine.

Now to go "fix" the codec problem.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign