[Mailman-Users] Apache, mailman and ScriptAlias - not as documented

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 25 15:57:16 CEST 2008

Vidiot wrote:

>I've looked at the installation page over at the Wiki and there is nothing
>regarding the problem I've run up against.
>
>See page 6 of the Installation Manual (pdf).
>
>It states the following should be added:
>
>	ScriptAlias /mailman/ $prefix/cgi-bin/
>
>I already have ScriptAlias defined:
>
>	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/httpd/cgi-bin/"
>
>One is not allowed to have multiple ScriptAlias lines.

Why do you think that?

[gpc at sbh16 ~]$ grep -i scriptalias /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
# The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias directives as
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"
ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
# "/var/www/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased
# To use CGI scripts outside of ScriptAliased directories:
ScriptAlias /cgi/ /var/www/grizz/cgi/
ScriptAlias /cvsweb /var/www/grizz/cgi-bin/admin/cvsweb
    ScriptAlias /gpc "/var/www/grizz/moin/gpc/moin.cgi"
[gpc at sbh16 ~]$

Works for me.