[Mailman-Users] Admin and email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 20 22:21:55 CEST 2008

Melinda Gilmore wrote:

>I have screwed up my mailman somehow that when I sent an email to a
>individual account on the server (spot) the mail is going to me (gilmore.126
>instead of the spot account.   Is it possible there is some mailman config
>that you can change an address that this could have happened.  I know I was
>fooling around with the server, and was wonderng if it is possible that I
>messaed up the site admin address.   Does anyone know where that setting is?

I think we may need more information. I understand you to be saying
that if you send mail to spot at whatever.example.com that it is
delivered to gilmore.126 at whatever.example.com.

Is Mailman involved? Are there any Mailman headers in the message you
receive?

In any case, here are some possibilities.

spot's home directory contains a .forward file with
"gilmore.126 at whatever.example.com" (or just "gilmore.126") in it.

There is an alias in the MTA's aliases of the form

spot: gilmore.126

You created a Mailman list named spot with you as a member.

You munged an existing list alias of the form

list:  "|/path/to/mail/mailman post list"

to be something like

spot:  "|/path/to/mail/mailman post list"

instead.

What are the full headers (including all Received: headers) of the
message you receive?