[Mailman-Users] Muti-Mailman install

Fri Jun 20 20:24:25 CEST 2008

On 6/20/2008 1:27 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:
> Charles Marcus wrote:
>
>> You replied on list, so I will too...

> Not really a very wise idea.

Really. Well, I had started to reply point by point until it became
obvious that you are confused about something...

Read the following carefully...

I am *not* arguing for changing the default - whatever gave you that
idea?????

In fact, I was pointing out to the person that *was* arguing for
changing it that, since the devs had graciously provided the ability to
*change* this setting, that the default *did not really matter*.

> When I use my @python.org e-mail address (which I very rarely do), I
> speak from a position of a certain amount of authority on the
> subject.

Are you seriously suggesting that the mere fact that you posted from an
@python.org address is supposed to mean something to the average list
participant here? I rarely even look at the original posters address,
and even if I had noticed it, it wouldn't have meant anything to me
other than you have an email address @python.org.

That said, if this really was a subtle way for you to intend to be
speaking from a position of authority, then maybe you should read things
a little more carefully before you threaten someone on a public list
from such a position.

Sheesh.

--

Best regards,