[Mailman-Users] Authorization required with FireFox 3

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 20 17:23:13 CEST 2008

Sascha Schmidt wrote:

>thanks for your replies.
>
>- I've deleted all cookies
>- Cleared the browser-cache
>
>but to login at the password prompt does not work.

I assume by "password prompt" you mean the admin and/or admindb login
page.

>BUT: Giving the password directly with the ?adminpw= argument works
>perfectly. Don't know why this works, but not through the other way
>(password prompt).

Are you 'realriot', the submitther of SF bug [ 1996767 ] Authorization
failed using FF3 (Win32)? If so, I can avoid commenting there until we
have some resolution here.

The two methods, going to
<http://example.com/mailman/admin/list?adminpw=xxx> vs. logging in
from the login page are completely different. The former is an HTTP
GET for the url with the additional adminpw fragment; the latter is a
POST with a few items of post data including adminpw.

Questions:

Can you administer the list or just moderate? Whichever you can do,
once you log in via the ?adminpw= method, does the rest of the
interface work? Can you successfully change things, approve posts,
whatever?

Can you log in to a private archive?

Can you log in to your user options page on this (mailman-users) list?

What Mailman version is yours? What Windows version?