[Mailman-Users] Muti-Mailman install

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 18 23:27:29 CEST 2008

adsarebad at gmail.com wrote:

>Hmm..  It would be easy to write a little script to edit the tables
>mailman makes to be right but I don`t know how I would get mailman to
>call my script instead of (is it postmap?)...?  I was looking through
>the mailman source for a call to postmap but could not find one, I guess
>I would have to search a little deeper.  Or is it something else?  I
>will have a look at Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py and see whats there.  Thanks!

Mailman (actually, Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py) calls the commands (with
defaults)

POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'
POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postmap'

after updating aliases and virtual-mailman. You can override thes in
mm_cfg.py to, e.g., invoke a script which does some edits and then
calls the command. This would avoid maintaining patches to
Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py.